Pages

Monday, May 21, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 21: Inspired by a Color!

I have so many favorite colors and polishes it was hard to figure out what I wanted to do until I spied it: Claire’s Candy Shop. I bought it a month or two ago and has sat untried until yesterday. Apparently it is a ‘dupe’ for a Deborah Lippmann polish by the same name. I don’t own the Deborah Lippmann (and never will, I draw the line at $18 for a bottle of polish) but the Claire’s is so darn cute.
DSCF1034
This is my attempt at drawing a lollipop. My free hand skills are a little crude but it turned out okay. Would you know that was a lollipop if I didn’t tell you? Be honest! I thought I could ‘swirl’ some wet polish in the center, but no I couldn’t. Be proud of me that I messed this up once, and I actually removed it and tried again instead of saying Eff it! lol.
DSCF1037DSCF1038
I gave Candy Shop a little extra boost with Sephora by OPI’s Sparkle-tacular. That polish is just dripping with glitters. One brushstroke and you’re covered.
DSCF1040
My cuticles are so damn dried out from all these manis. I was actually going to keep this mani on until this happened:
DSCF1042
It was like I just FORGOT I had just painted my nails. D’oh!
I think I might try this again. I wish I had a stamping plate with lollipops, candy, etc. I’ve seen them but don’t own them. :(
Check out the other inspirations today!
Thanks for coming by!
-Erin-
PS I can’t believe there are only 10 days left in this challenge! May is flying by!

4 comments:

  1. This is fab and I knew it was a lollypop straight away! Beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! will have to try this again...lol like i say with every mani i try! :)

      Delete
  2. So cute. I knew what it was immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u!! i'm glad. i need more practice tho! :)

      Delete

I HEART COMMENTS! So let me know what ya think!