Pages

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

31 Day Challenge: Day 24: Inspired by a Book!

Once again, so many choices! I love to read! I was going to do an owl mani because my Nook has a really cute owl skin, but since the new Sookie Stackhouse book came out last week I decided to do Sookie Stackhouse! There were so many ideas I had for this one I had to cut them down to only 5.
DSCF1069
If you do not watch True Blood or if you are working your way thru the book series by Charlaine Harris, don’t read any more unless you want to know what happens!
The thumb of course supposed to be teeth marks and blood, using Zoya Sooki for the blood!
The pointer finger represents Bob, Amelia’s boyfriend who was turned into a cat.
The middle finger is meant to be Diantha, Mr. Cataliades’s niece (a demon). But also reminded me of Sookie just cuz she’s sexy!
The ring finger is the lips from the TV series -  I tried to do smoke but you get the idea.
The pinky is just moon and stars, representing all the supernatural things in the books.
DSCF1073
Other ideas I had: a bikini because Sookie likes to lay in her lounge chair and tan; a witch for Amelia; wings because Sookie is part fairy; a dog/wolf thing for the werewolves; etc etc.
I topped everything with a healthy coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Disco Ball, because all of the books have glitter on the covers.
The purple base is Orly Mysterious Curse – appropriate name, no?
Not quite the way I wanted them to turn out but still pretty cute regardless.
So that’s my catch up for the day; I apologize the past 3 manis were done so hurredly and not a clean and neat as I want to achieve.
Please check out Kelsie, Stephanie, Amanda and Jess’s blogs to see what they are up to!
-Erin-

5 comments:

  1. Wish I watched so I could really understand it better but it turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love the series, and the books, but separately! they don't have many similarities anymore. i will be sad when both series are over. :(

      Delete
  2. I love True Blood; both the show, ALL the books, and your nails:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u steph!! i can't wait for the new season to start!!! did you read the latest book?

      Delete
  3. OMG Those are awesome, fabulous job!!
    I just got done reading the last book and am already tapping my fingers impatiently for the next one! I will be sad to see them end too, but I'm curious as to what she has in mind, given Sookie's recent choices.

    ReplyDelete

I HEART COMMENTS! So let me know what ya think!